Thursday, September 22, 2011

World Literature Class

This is a character who I had to come up with for the genre we are reading not which is Epic. We are reading Gilgamesh...I find it very interesting. So I came up with this character and it was part of my Homework and I wanted to share it because my friend told me it was very good and that I should make it a short story. I will work on it soon, but this is the preview.


 Cody Rossman walked down the lonely road with his face covered by a scarf against the desert sandstorm so as to not breathe in the sand. His medium built frame could hardly be seen with all the sand and despite his head being covered by his hood his shaggy hair was still full of sand. He walked that way for three hours and finally came across a town. He decided to stay because it was almost twilight and if he decided to stay out to camp in the open desert he would subject himself to the danger of the Desert Raiders. He walked into an inn and asked for a room for one night. She stared at his deep green eyes and chiseled face; she glared at him as if saying that nonsense was not allowed without so much as speaking. He went off to the room after he handed her the cash and opened the map that led to the key. All he knew was that it was made of gold and had an onyx scarab beetle on it. If he didn’t find it he would not be able to efficiently control fire and if he wasn’t strong enough the Pharaoh’s would win. They were just a group of people like him but they called themselves the Pharaoh’s and were strong enough to wipe out small nations. He traced a path to the Sand Dunes to the hidden pyramid under the sand. ‘All that’s left now is for me to pass all the traps and then defeat the Pharaoh’s. Well then. No pressure…that’s going to be easy,’ he thought the voice in his head dripping with sarcasm.

PS. sorry it took me sooo long to update! I hope you enjoyed the teaser!

No comments:

Post a Comment