Thursday, September 22, 2011

More World Literature Class...

Okay so I am realizing that I write everyday but I don't always have time to put them up the day I write it. So, some days there will be more than one post. To move onward, today Mr. Moore gave us 10 grammar words that we should use in a sentence. I was making separate sentences that had nothing to do with each other and I was not happy with the way it came out. It felt random, but in a bad way (a non-creative way), so I started over and made a short scene because I remembered how cool the movie Troy was and I was thinking about soldiers.


1.     The man went to the front line, belligerent and stared the enemy down. He walked forward on the gritty sand as if he was jaunting and not going to battle. He had a surly grin on his face as he saw the weak men on the other side try to surreptitiously sneak to the back of the troop formation. Some of the more willful and whimsical foot soldiers glared back at him. There was no room for the emaciated or the philanthropist, on the battle field it was kill or be killed, and in the end it always turned out the same. He and his own troops standing on the sand painted red and redolent of rusty blood.


These are the words and their meanings:
1. Belligerent - aggressive, ready to fight
2. Gritty - coarse, granular
3. Jaunting - taking a stroll, strolling, short pleasure trip
4. Surly - rude, grumpy, unpleasant
5. Surreptitiously - secretive, sneaky, stealthy
6. Willful - determined, stubborn
7. Whimsical - impulsive, capricious
8. Emaciated - extremely thin, withered, weak
9. Philanthropy - charity, love of human kind
10. Redolent - smelling of, giving off odor/fragrance

Hope you enjoyed my post!

No comments:

Post a Comment