Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Crowded Trains and New Yorkers

Crowded Trains! It seems that sometimes (meaning every time) that I'm taking the train from my school to home I cannot seem to be able to just have some space! I take the train with my friends and it is just annoying when you were previously having a conversation on the train station and then when the train comes it's almost so full that you do not have to hold on to the pole. Ugh, almost being the key word because it is even worse when it's not full enough so that you then have to hold on and the only thing to hold onto is the ceiling because then your hand gets tired and the person next to you is having the mind block of the century and they think you purposefully want to be pushing them! As if I would want to be that close to them in the first place! Sheesh! Really in New York we only 'bond' when we are forced to get into a cart that is full because of our schedules! If someone were to get up that close on a normal street that was not crowded the would get REJECTED, and I don't mean "Eww, get away from me!" it would be extreme, like, "Get the ______ out of my personal space or I will call the ______ing cops on you!" But I think the real funny part is that we try to ignore the people around us in a crowded train when they are all up in your personal space, however, when there is not that many people around you, you stay on the alert (well if you live in New York you better be on the alert!), really how ironic...

No comments:

Post a Comment