Wednesday, November 16, 2011

International Night at School

There will be an International Night is my school towards the beginning of December and I will be in it. Yay? Honestly I am a little nervous DESPITE the fact that we have been practicing every weekday after school for an hour and a half. But another thing is that I am very excited because I have worked so hard for this goal. This is going to sound cliche but to be truthful it is a group effort. All eight of us which includes me have been so supportive of each other; whenever one of us didn't understand how to do a certain move in the dance then someone was always there ready to explain it in the simplest way possible. The fact that it is a Bollywood style dance makes it something very knew to me, so when my friend asked me about it I jumped on the chance since I have always liked Bollywood...to me the people who dance it must have great control and they always look so nice doing the moves! As it nears I become more and more happy that it's me and a bunch of friends doing the dance and I don't have to do this with strangers. If I tape the dance (aka if my mom tapes it, I should say...)  then I will post it here. My friend is letting me borrow her blue salwar kameez (traditional Indian clothing and you would not believe how LONG it took me to learn how to say this with the right accent! I had to ask my friend to repeat it about 100 times!). I am just a bit nervous since I am all the way in the front...I hope this turn out well. I can already see myself having a Lizzie McGuire moment where I trip on something that should be impossible to trip over and take the whole stage down with me!

 This is sort of what it looks like except it has short sleeves and is a little darker blue, but other than that the bottom and neckline and shawl are all the same!


Author's Note: I love "The Host" so far the development of the story keeps you on your toes!
Second Author's Note: I have become obsessed with the music composer Yiruma! His piano compositions are beautiful and really capture the essence of feeling and the actual instrument. I recommend that you see what he is all about on Youtube!

1 comment:

  1. 1) I freaking LOVE the Indian/Arabian style.

    2) "The Host" is fascinating. So much more mature than "Twilight."

    3) Love Yiruma :D The River Flows in You...

    That is all. Actually no. I like your background.

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete